Top 5 Recent Articles
As always with changes and fixes, if you have made a donation you are eligible for a free upgrade.
2020-12-02 SQL Server Functions
- STAsEWKT.sql – Convert geometry to EWKT
- STGeomFromEWKT.sql – Convert EWKT to geometry
- STBearingAlongLine.sql – Wrapper over STBearing
- STTo2D.sql – Function that removes any ZM ordinates to return a geometry with XY ordinates only.
- STWhichSide.sql (moved from LRS to General)
- STFindPointsByDeltaMeasure.sql – An LRS function that allows one to generate all measures along a line and a set of offsets at each measure point.
- STAppend.sql – Substantion changes to better support CircularStrings and CompoundCurves
- STFindPointBisector.sql – Improved function after extensive testing.
- STOffsetLine.sql – Improved function after extensive testing.
- STOffsetPoint.sql – Improved function after extensive testing.
- STOneSidedBuffer.sql – Improved function after extensive testing.
- STRemoveOffsetSegments.sql – Used by STOneSidedBuffer.
- STRemoveSpikes.sql – Formatting
- STVertices.sql – Formatting
- STFindPointByLength.sql – Support for disappearing offsets in circularStrings.
- STFindPointByMeasure.sql – Support for disappearing offsets in circularStrings.
- STFindSegmentByLengthRange.sql – Migrated to STSegmentize and support for radius check chagnes.
- STFindSegmentByMeasureRange.sql – Migrated to STSegmentize and support for radius check changes.
- STIsMeasured.sql – Modified documentation.
- STPostGIS.sql – Modified wrapper functions for support of radius check and other changes.
- STReverseMeasure.sql – Corrected bug found in testing.
- STSplitSegmentByLength.sql – Migrated to STSegmentize and support for radius check changes.
- STSplitSegmentByMeasure.sql – Migrated to STSegmentize and support for radius check changes.
- STGetGeomMetadata.sql – Added GEOMETRY_COLUMNS table generation and function to populate it.
2019-12-18 SQL Server Functions
- STOffsetPoint.sql which offsets a single linestring or circularstring.
Integrated Linestring and Arc (CircularString) functions into the following modified functions:
Rationalisation of unneeded functions
- STReverseMeasure.sql – Modified to use STSegmentize
- STAddMeasure.sql – Modified to use STSegmentize
- STScaleMeasure.sql – Modified to use STSegmentize
- STAverageBearing.sql – to support CircularStrings and CompoundCurves
2019-12-17: SQL Server Functions
- STAverage.sql – A trivial function that averages the ordinates of two points.
- STComputeTangentPoint.sql – Extracted from STCogoFunctions.sql, and revamped
- STFindPointBisector.sql – Extracted from STCogoFunctions.sql and revamped
- STOffsetPoint.sql – Move code from other functions to execute, as a single function, the offsetting of a point from a 2-point linestring or 3-point circularstring.
- STFindDeflectionAngle.sql – Improved with support for CompoundCurves.
- STMakeLines.sql – Modified STMakeCircularLine to return LineString if three points are collinear
- STSegmentize.sql – A number of improvements such as more debugging of filters like MEASURE_RANGE
2019-11-27: PostGIS Functions
- ST_CircularStringN — Extracts nominated 3-point circular string from a CIRCULARSTRING with more than 3 points.
- ST_CurveN — Returns requested Curve within COMPOUNDCURVE
- ST_HasM — Determines if supplied geometry has M ordinates.
- ST_HasZ — Determines if supplied geometry has Z ordinates.
- ST_MakeCircularString — Makes a 3 point circular arc from 3 supplied points
- ST_NumCircularStrings — Compute number of 3-point circular strings within a CIRCULARSTRING with more than 3 points.
- ST_NumCurves — Returned number of sub-objects within a COMPOUNDCURVE
- ST_Segmentize — Version of ST_Vectorize that honours COMPOUNDCURVE and CIRCULARSTRING objects.
2019-11-04: SQL Server Spatial Functions.
- STAverageBearing — Function that computes average bearing of segments in linestring.
- STBoundingDiagonal — Returns the diagonal of the supplied geometry’s bounding box as a linestring.
- STCheckRadii — Checks if radius of any three points in a linestring are less than the desired amount.
- STDirectVincenty — Vincenty Direct Solution of Geodesics on the Ellipsoid.
- STEllipsoidParameters — Given a SRID returns the semi major axis and flattening from the sys.spatial_reference_systems table.
- STGeographicDistance — Computes distance in meters along parallel latitude/medidian longitude or direct.
- STInverseVincenty — Vincenty inverse calculation between two points
- STIsCollinear — Function that checks if a linestring’s points all lie on straight line.
- STRemoveOffsetSegments — Removes any start/end segment in provided linestring that disappear when segments are offset.
- STTileByNumGrids — Covers supplied geometry object with a mesh of a specific number of times in X and Y.
- STTileGeogByPoint — Creates mesh of tiles anchored to supplied point.
- STTileGeomByPoint — Creates mesh of tiles anchored to supplied point.
- STisCCW — A filter for computing the orientation index of three coordinates.
- STOffsetLine from STLineOffset
- STOffsetSegment from STParallelSegment
2019-10-18: SQL Server Spatial Functions.
- Added STForceCollection – Takes polygon and returns GEOMETRYCOLLECTION of rings as polygons or linestrings or MULTILINESTRING with rings as linestrings
- Added STMBRLongestSide – Computes Envelope or MBR of input geometry and then computes and returns the longest side of the Envelope or MBR
- Added STMBRShortestSide – Computes Envelope or MBR of input geometry and then computes and returns the shortest side of the Envelope or MBR
- Updated STAppend – Corrected missing case
- Updated STMakeLineFromGeometryCollection – Improved to allow GeometryCollection to hold LineStrings not just Points.
- Updated STParallel – Continue to improve parallel offsetting of linestrings.
- Updated STVertices – Modified return table to include actual geometry Point.
- Updated STDumpRings – Fixed issue with function not dumping interior rings.
- Updated STConvertToLineString – Fixed bug with single MultiLineString in Geometry Collection.
2019-08-17: Oracle JTS Utilities.
- Added ST_OffsetLine – Offsets a linestring by the required value with optional styling.
- Added ST_OneSidedBuffer – Creates a buffer polygon on one side of the supplied line with optional styling.
- Updated ST_Buffer to remove one sided option
2019-08-16: SQL Server Spatial.
- Added STPointToCircularArc which returns a measured point by snapping provided point to the provided circularstring
- Updated STProjectPoint to support CircularString and CompoundCurve objects via STPointToCircularArc.
- Updated documentation.
2019-07-19: SQL Server Spatial.
- Corrected installation errors
- Fixed STPointFromText null Z with M handling
- Moved all PostGIS LRS functions into a single script.
- Added STLocateBetweenElevations, STLineSubstring, and STLineInterpolatePoint
- Modified STExtract to extract polygon ring sub elements where ring defined using CircularCurve or CompoundCurve.
- Modified STIsMeasureDecreasing
- Modified STCogo2Line
- Improved function documentation.
- Updated html documentation.
2019-05-17: SQL Server Spatial
- Added STDensify function which implements a basic geometry densification algorithm.
- Added STGeometryTypes function which extracts all geometry type keywords from a geometry (and its sub-elements) eg COMPOUNDCURVE,LINESTRING,CIRCULARSTRING
2019-01-12: Oracle PLSQL Object code.
- Created install.sh Linux bash script