Training Course: PostGIS Basic
$750.00 (inc. GST Australia)
This (2 DAY) course can be delivered via Instructor Lead Training (ILT) or via online technologies such as Zoom..
Among some of the topics are:
Geometry and Geography Types
* Methods for Creating Points, Lines and Polygon objects;
* Introduction to Spatial Reference Identifiers (SRID) on PostGIS;
* Role of SPATIAL_REF_SYS and GEOMETRY_COLUMNS objects
Creating tables to store Point, Line and Polygon objects;
* Loading data onto tables from spreadsheet “csv” files;
* Loading data in shp files (Other GIS formats depends on software availability and time);
* (Optional) Ensuring Data Quality through Constraints and Triggers;
* (Optional) Create and Query table and column metadata.
Inspect and process Geometry Objects/Instances using appropriate methods;
* Access PostGIS tables using qGIS.
Create Spatial Indexes;
* (OptInal) Access from External GIS Client Applications.